Donnerstag, 27. August 2009

American Food

I actually could have registered for a class called American Food. I didn't.

I really try to live healthy here and cook myself instead of going to Subways, Werndy's, McDonald's, Burger King, Taco Bell etc etc etc.

But then I bought bagels. I couldn't resist. I have a professor back in Germany who originally comes from New York. She has once told us that German bagels aren't as good as American ones. Germans only make rolls with a hole in them and call them bagels. The ones we get at our university cafeteria supposedly are not the real stuff. I always thought she was jsut exaggerating a little. I have been to the States before, I know how bagels are. I always liked our cream-cheese bagles at the cafeteria. And everybody knows that the United States aren't exactly the country known for its culinary finesse.

But then I bought bagels. And...wow...she's right. The bagels at our cafeteria are okay, but really, they're nothing more than rolls with a hole in the middle! So, Mrs. Knox-Raab, I officially appologize to you. American bagels really are better.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen