Donnerstag, 6. Mai 2010

Things I'll miss about Texas, Part II

Today: Astronomy.

No, I'll not miss the class itself. Even though it has been a wonderful experience and I've learned a lot about stars and galaxies and black holes (which turn out to be fairly rare and relatively small so that it is quite hard to actually fall into one by accident...), I am very happy that the class is over. Considering all the time I have spent studying mathematical equations and refreshing math fundamentals it makes me all the more happy to actually have time now to forget all those mathematical equations and math fundamentals again.

I'll miss astronomy because it showed me how insignificant and small we are in relation to the universe which will go on expanding and expanding wayyyyy into the future. Because now I know how to fill out a scantron right. Because I will not forget that the Earth actually is NOT the center of our galaxy, much less of the universe (I know, crazy, right?!).
And because Hot-Guy-Sitting-In-The-Row-Behind-Me opened his laptop to play the theme melody of Star Trek. During the final.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen