Montag, 7. September 2009

American Food 2

How do you tell, that Texan's are a people that tend to eat a lot? I went to the supermarket to get ziploc-bags to freeze something. And I guess people buy the big ones more often than they buy smaller ones: The ones that fit 1 gallon (3.786 Liters) are much cheaper than the small ones. I couldn't even find small ones at first! That is soo weird.

The other night, I watched the movie "Supersize Me". Mainly to get so disgusted that I don't even like to think about fast food. You know I like to eat and I just needed some kind of insurance that I don't eat fast food all the time.
Here are my "favorite" trivia about fast food in this culture:

1. McDonald's even admitts that their food is processed in a way that can hardly be healthy and that naturally makes it more harmful than unprocessed food. If you think about it, that makes perfect sense! But I guess not every consumer knows that...

2. Texas has five out of the 15 fattest cities in the United States. Austin isn't one of them, but that's still a lot of fat cities! Houston is #2.

3. And here my favorite: McDonald's even puts sugar in their salads to make them more appealing to their customers. The Premium Chicken Ranch salad with dressing contains more calories than a BigMac. That's 51 grams of fat which is almost 80% of your daily fat intake. So not even salads are healthy in fast food places.

Well, what do ya know, this shocking movie worked out just fine. Tomorrow I'll buy some fresh fruit and vegetables...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen