Donnerstag, 3. September 2009

Everything's bigger in America!



I know that's probably just one of those uncritical and naive stereotypes used by Europeans who are used to everything that's small. (My favorite example: the Mercedes Smart vs. the HUMMER!! works every time...)

I was walking across campus today (yes, people, pictures will follow) and I saw: grass! The grass is not only greener on the other side of the Atlantic, it's also bigger. I know, the cynics among you might now say: "But Jessi, you have such tiny feet, of course the grass seems huge compared to your tiny doll's feet" and I would thank you for the nice comparison because I take tiny doll's feet as a compliment. And the biologists among you might say: "But Jessi, in a climate as hot as in Austin, plants have to have considerably big leaves to prevent from heating up in highly sunlit areas! The bigger the surface of the leaf, the better does the water evaporate and cool the plant down." Yes, thanks, I new that. But still, I'm impressed. Take it or leaf it (haha, get it?) :)


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen